Here's what it looks like:
Here's half the band unstretched. You can see it's compact, even in the larger band size - the blue 34 stretches to 31.5 inches, max:
This bra is super pretty - but also sassy:
At any rate, I'll be reviewing the Lucy when it arrives. I bought it in black because, in the same way I had that "beige bra crisis" a couple of years ago, I find myself in a similar black bra drought over the last year. Who knows how these things happen? One thing's for sure, I've never been understocked in crazy-patterned bras.
What I can tell you is this:
- The fabric for the Kali (in both yellow and blue) is softer than that used in all of the Marcie-clones (the most projected of the Cleo styles). As mentioned, less firm fabric provides less cantilevered uplift (that boobs on a plate thing that the projected Cleos have going on) than what you might associated with other brand offerings. Nonetheless, this gives a really round, but gentle shape. It's not melon-round, rather it's spherical in a more natural way that is quite appealing to me. Note: The fabric is not stretchy (not even the lace upper cup), but it's less thick and industrial than that of the Marcie-ilk.
- The partial-band (lack of fabric lip under the cup underwire) is very good for those with short torsos or upper abdominal protrusion. This one is as good as the Lori, from that vantage point.
- The gore is lower than that of many of my other bras. It's no plunge, but it does give a bit more cleavage than a true balconette.
- The cups are quite projected, particularly at the centre. I don't care what anyone says. If I can wear it, it fits that description.
- I do think that the Kali is almost exactly the same, shape as the Lori and, I hope, the Lucy.
- The straps are standard-issue 0.7" width. This is how it always is with Cleo bras. These seem more comfortable than those on some of the more lifted offerings, perhaps because of strap placement and how the seamed Kali/Lori cup is shaped.
- The band comes with 2x3 hooks and eyes, which isn't my preferred 3x3, but it's comfortable in the 34 (sized-up) size.
- I love the pink bow at the centre gore with that cute blue heart on it. I'm not a heart fan, but the heart-patterned lace is subtle.
- I'd prefer a thong bottom but it appears that the flutter brief is currently the only option. Mind you, the undies comfy and flattering. Just not great under an outfit that skims closely.