It's made from wool jersey - a hard find in these parts. Like the denim for yesterday's leggings, I bought it at King Textiles.
Here are the deets about my first foray into the Tiramisu dress.
I modified this version by reverting the front bodice to its pre-FBA width. My first version was too gape-y because it was too wide.
This time, instead of width I tailored to my deep bust by adding 1" length to the front bodice. This is easily accomplished because the bodice can gain its length by sloping towards the centre from the unaltered side seams. The side seams stay the same, even though you gain length over the bust.
I overdid it a bit and I think the length could be scaled back to 5/8" on my next go round. Point is, this dress is highly scalable whether you have a wide bust or a deep bust.
This fabric is very stable i.e. relatively stretch-free (for a knit) so I didn't have to smallen it up by taking in the side seams in excessively the way I did on my first, ponte version.
Alas, I had a mishap when stabilizing the gathers and sewing the front waistband onto the front bodice. It's a boring story, but after the fact, I couldn't rip the stitches out (due to the nature of the fabric) so I had to do some fancy footwork. It wasn't optimal and, though the dress is wearable, this isn't my opus.
I did intend to make this version with a 3/4 sleeve, interestingly, but I had only 2 yards of fabric (less than 60" wide) and this pattern is a HOG. I actually ended up shortening the skirt by 2" and I even left the hem raw. I used every inch of fabric except a section that was damaged and spotted with rips.
I leave you with this photo: