Saturday, April 9, 2011

All That and Less

I've been tagged by the delightful Tanit-Isis with the "I'm All That" Award, the originator of which is the also delightful Beangirl, fyi. If "all that" is code for "wretched stress-mess" then I deserve this unquestionably. Otherwise, the matter is open to debate. Nonetheless, who am I to turn down a fun meme?!


Here are the questions I've been tasked to answer:

1) What size shoe do you wear? If you wear a size 7, can I borrow your shoes?

I'm a real 8.5, so (sorry), no go.

2) 30′s or 60′s?

Definitely 60's - though I've been watching the HBO remake of Mildred Pierce and it's giving me a real appreciation for the post-depression era.

3) Have you ever kissed someone you shouldn’t have?

All I'll say is, if one purports to be innocent of this offense, she is lying.

4) Have you ever been poisoned? Was it by the girlfriend of the person you kissed?? (That is awesomely Knot’s Landing).

Mildly poisoned - yes. I've had food poisoning and stomach bugs that will live on in infamy in my own mind. Also, my mother believes I was poisoned by Mercurius, a homeopathic remedy for strep that I did rather OD on in the 80s. (The jury is out on that one.) And who's to say, if the poisoning was inflicted by the significant other of the person whom I inappropriately kissed, that it wasn't a boyfriend? Just sayin'.

5) Who’s on your “Celebrity Free Pass” list (top 5)?

Alessandro Nivola
Guy Pearce
Colm Feore
Will Smith
Rob Lowe

I'm no good at passing these along but I welcome you all to answer any or all of these questions. And if your shoe size is an 8.5, I want to know.

11 comments:

  1. Hey K - you ARE all that!
    Can I play?

    1. I am size 9.5 though I've been known to wear 8.5, 9 or 10, depending on brands.

    2. Hmm. This is a toughie. I'm gonna say 30's because it was all about dresses and suits back then (at least that's what it looks like in the movies).

    3. Yes. Night before my 29th birthday. It was a work "do" and he was from out of town. Hope Pierpont doesn't find this!

    4. Been poisoned? I've eaten some bad veg but nothing serious.

    5. Now for the good part:

    a) still living: Daniel Craig, Edward Norton, Adam Goldberg

    b) waiting for me in heaven: Greg Peck, Paul Newman

    ReplyDelete
  2. (1) I am an 8.5 actually, but I don't have nice shoes though.
    (2) I think the 60s, but i kinda love the 30s too.
    (3) Yes of course, too many times, really. But not for the last 14 or so years since i have been with my husband.
    (4) I don't think so, but had nasty food poisoning in Kenya once.
    (5) Martin Gore, Colin Firth, Johnny Depp, Jake Gyllenhaal, Colin Farrell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award Lady! You're definitely "all that"! Thanks for sharing your fun facts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tessa: Love this! I'm pretty sure this is a Pierpont-free zone :-) What happens on K.Line, stays on K.Line.

    Farah: 8.5 and you live in TO - sweet! I'm sure you have very nice shoes :-)

    Victoria: Thank you! Try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to know about you, darling.
    Well I don't know my american shoes size.... probably a 9... I guess.

    Hope all is great with you, beautiful.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I'm 8.5 and my middle daughter (8 years old) has already "called" my highest heels for when I will no longer wear them . . . The other wants my crazy pony hair Etro satchel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeker: Missed by .5 of a size. Lucky you! :-)

    Miss C: What is it with these infant sophisticates?? :-) My kid's feet are already a 7.5. Won't be long before she can wear my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is life without a little inappropriate kissing?

    I'm a 9 but I use to be an 8.5 and there are a few things hanging around that you may have first dibs on, if I ever can bear the pain of parting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poison question made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award doll!
    But, you'll have to fight me for Guy Pearce! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. M: Indeed! When you decide to part with those shoes, you have my number! :-)

    Wendy: Who gets poisoned??

    Stacy: With your arms, I'm sure to lose.

    ReplyDelete