Well, gots to say peeps (cuz I know I've said it before): Fuck status anxiety. Enough of the why aren't I a Rhodes scholar with a chalet in Klosters and an Emmy? Maybe because my heretofore efforts at fame and fortune have been, um, slightly unfocused? Maybe it's just not my path?
I've decided instead, to tell you all 10 Terrific Things (Triple T) about me. Note to Miss Perkin, my former headmistress: This is how I've amounted to something, in no particular order.
- I own a home in downtown Toronto. And it's nice.
- I'm a true communicator - life and career skill par excellence. And I love and value - with indescribable fervor - the interchange of ideas and negotiation of agreement this skill supports.
- My style reflects my eclectic micro-creativity (with which I am thrilled to tell you I am entirely satisfied). It also appeals to others.
- I've managed to coparent a human being to the age of 8 (so far) without completely going insane. And I've done it with relatively little external support - though with the collaboration of a very engaged spouse.
- I live by my principles in a sustainable way.
- I am healthy and I work consciously - with discipline - to stay that way.
- I am resilient and I frequently solve problems with uncanny spontenaity.
- Which is why plan a fine event - media or otherwise.
- I generally get what I want. Because I ask directly. But respectfully.
- I am super fucking smart.
Oh, and bonus point, I'm modest. Did I mention that? :-)
So Dolls. I would love to know about your Triple T (and that can be two or three or 10 - depending on how much comment space you feel like taking). I say, live large. You may save the world yet. And I am all ears.