- Anyone who can sleep in steerage class on a plane is either lying or freakish. Oy. Almost makes me wish I'd spent 4K on business class.
- Mind you, we were from door to door in 10 hours - which is entirely amazing if you think about it.
- Also, can anyone tell me how they manage to deboard a 350-person flight in less time than it takes to do an American Airlines commuter plane?
- Jet lag is really something. I'm eating my way through it.
- Y'all know how I don't care about bread? Well, the bread here is like nothing you've ever tasted. OMG - so perfect. And the butter is cultured. Scott says, just like me:-)
- So many people told me the food here is mediocre. I haven't tasted anything yet that hasn't been delicious, in a full-fat, voluptuous way. Mind you, I'm going to great restaurants that cost a fortune. What can you do?
- It's freakin' November here. People are wearing coats. I had to buy a jacket (stupidly) cuz I somehow couldn't accept that it would be 13 degrees and overcast. It's seriously cold.
- The Amsterdamers remind me strangely of Torontonians. In fact, it's bizarre. When I arrived at the airport, it seemed I was back in Canada. In a very appealing way.
- The fashion: Utterly chic. Totally down-tempo. These peeps are dressing for the weather which, sadly, is a bitch. But a moody, impressionist bitch.